An overview of the Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH Fruit and Vegetables Producers' Organisation
Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH is a recognised producers' organisation in accordance with EU stipulations. It is the only fruit and vegetables producers' organisation in the State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
Aims: joint marketing of produce. Quality production in line with the needs of the market. Introduction of environmentally friendly and sustainable production procedures. Documentation. Advisory services and consumer protection.
- Founded in 1991 as a registered cooperative, became a limited company in 1997
- Currently has 28 shareholders from the Federal States of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Brandenburg, Lower Saxony and Hamburg. Also has representation from shareholders in Spain, Portugal, Poland and Rumania
- Main focus of business activities is on the marketing of fresh vegetables and processed fruit
- Shareholders are of various sizes and operate under a range of different legal forms, mostly highly specialised and innovatively equipped producer companies
- Production of fruit and vegetables takes place entirely in accordance with the principles of controlled and integrated production and the principles of sustainability (see ► Members)
Marketing only takes place via contracted agents. We take advantage of every opportunity to market our produce at a regional and national level and to export.
Harvesting and preparation take place in a customer-specific way and are monitored via an external quality and cost management system (see also ► Marketing).
Our number one priority is the fulfilment of customer requirements.
The principle of - We harvest to order - is a daily reality of our operations and reflects our endeavour to provide a high-quality service and adherence to schedules. Our producer and marketing companies see themselves as service providers!
Quality assurance/consumer protection
A specific quality assurance and cost management system is an integral part of the complex procedures involved in the growing, management and harvesting of produce. An external consultancy and controlling company monitors and documents all the procedures which form part of the production process.
Measures deployed in the areas of fertilisation and pest control are reduced to a minimum and are carefully coordinated in order to ensure high quality levels.
A detailed recording and evaluation programme guarantees proof of origin and traceability (see also ► AMG).
The producers' organisation fulfils the company's aims and looks after the interests of its members by pursuing activities across a wide range of areas. We use our links with our partners and customers to emphasise the value of fruit and vegetables. We take advantage of the synergies with our contracted agent BEHR AG, a company which operates right across Europe, to secure an excellent market position for our company.
The overall professional requirements in our branch are met by engaging in constructive cooperation with the Association of Fruit and Vegetable Producers in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, the Association of Integrated Market Gardening in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and the Competence Centre for Outdoor Vegetable Production.
The Mecklenburger Ernte Producers' Organisation is actively involved in centrally organised marketing programmes and supports the "5 a day" health campaign.